[VAL] LED light

Dr. G,
I bought two flashlights a while back. Called Infiniton, they make a D1 and
a C1, for the battery size respectively. Lightwave is the maker,
http://www.lightwave-usa.com/en/s_infini/inf_d1.php and at that time they
addressed in Jacksonville Florida. Now the only address is in Ohio, and I
see weakness problems in the company, maybe.

At that time their enclosed flyer offered these two lights at 30 Lumens,
each using one LED, a digitally controlled SMART power management for 20
hours of constant brightness level. Incredibly bright, I was able to
in-store compare to over 30 other led flashlights, many with multiple led's
and there was no light that came close to comparison shinning on a 20'
ceiling in the fully lit store of ACE Electronics on Dacoma in Houston. This
is a one-only electronics components store in Houston where you can buy
individual electronics parts out of open bins. They sell practically nothing
assembled. The 20 hours is terribly under estimated as I have finally
changed batteries after a year just because I was afraid they might leak.

The light uses one led, face reverse mounted above a reflector for a
"Squirkle" trademarked spot at an incredible 30 Lumens. It resembles the set
up for a WWII air raid spot light, that hangs the lamp to shine back to the
reflector. I can find no brightness difference in the C cells and the D
cells. The C cell light in smaller and lighter. I have really used these
lights and they are very shock resistant in a totally rubber clad aluminum
body. I paid nearly half the msrp price of $99 and $89.

I spent a lot of unsuccessful pursuit of their other light briefly mentioned
in my enclosed literature. They picture and describe a C3 and D3 flashlight
at 80 lumens! Both the lights use something patented as a Hi-Flux LED that I
did confirm on the internet exists and in the 80 lumens. It took about 3
months to finally get a response from Lightwave about their 80 Lumen
product. They said they failed to get production of these, and had no
time-frame for or if production would ever happen. The 30 Lumen light is
extremely bright, on pestering, the person said there was a liability
concern about people who might try to look into the 80 lumen flashlight, or
shine it into the eyes of someone.

It still does not exist, but I sure do want that 80 Lumens, or the bulb.

-Eddie-