RE: [VAL] Re: Vinyl Water Lines

> I used clear vinyl for connections between the pump
> and the copper...They expand to the size of a
> balloon under pressure. ...maybe a reinforced
> vinyl line instead

Hi,
The PO of our AS used some reinforced vinyl at the
tank to pump and said that he planned (if he kept the
AS)to use it everytime he needed to make a repair. I
kind of thought that was a "patched up" thing, but the
more I think about it the more I think it may have
been a good choice. The reinforced vinyl that he used
is from a farm supply store and is used on high
pressure nitrogen fertilizer sprayer systems. Looks
like clear vinyl tubing with what appears to be nylon
strings woven and fused inside. I may try the
previously mentioned freezer test to just see how it
holds up before I make any more changes. I like the
idea of really neat pex pipe throughout (red and blue)
but realize that I may not be all that keen on doing
that much work while the AS is out of commission. Life
is looking too short to spend it in drydock.
cheers, bill b.

1969 Sovereign 31'