[VAL] Proper Airconditioner Voltage

> Lots of rebuilders have gone out of business because
> its cheaper to ship
> parts from the western Pacific built with very low
> cost labor...snip...
> My tire dealer says tires should last 5 years, but
> no more than 5. I'm
> running Titan special trailer radials on my flat bed
> and my Airstream.
> They are doing fine and don't warm up unreasonably
> on the road even on
> very hot days.

Thanks, on both issues. I guess it's like the plywood
business. They say it is cheaper to ship logs to Asia
and make plywood to ship back to USA than it is to
make it here.

I am going to recheck the dates on my tires, now that
I know the code, and be sure to watch out for the 5
year rule.

As usual, I have another question. I guess I had
better change the subject line to keep up to date.

I got an electrical tester (a digital one that even I
can read:-)) to check my 110 volt. At the plug in the
garage I get 117-118 volts. With a 50 foot heavy duty
expension cord, in the trailer, at the kitchen plug
ins, I get the same. With the tester plugged in to a
kitchen wall outlet the voltage drops to 40-50 volts
when I turn on the a/c. Obviously that is dangerously
low for the AC compressor. Now I want to check the
same thing when I am at an RV park. What is an
acceptable drop for the voltage on a 30 amp circuit?

Thanks in advance, bill b.

1969 Sovereign 31'