[VAL] Bored?

OK, I've got a few questions:

How do you get batt insulation to stay put before the inner skins go in?
Doesn't it just slide/fall down?

What's the best detail to use at the threshhold to try to keep the edge of
the subfloor from getting wet?

The black tank in my '59 Overlander sits on the floor in the back corner,
with a box built over and around it, toilet on top. The tank is only ~5"
deep, top of box was ~6" off floor. If I made the tank ~2" taller, it'd
give me 40% more capacity. Do you think having the toilet 8" off the floor
would be awkward? Or that this would be too much weight in that corner? Or
that it would create some other problem?

Anyone have a good source for 12v outlets shallow enough to fit in an
Airstream's walls?

Thanks!

Lynne
Texas Hill Country