[VAL] For Sale: 1964 Overlander 26'

My wife and I purchased a 1964 26' Overlander from a friend who had
been using it for a guest cottage in her daughter's Cortez, CO back
yard. We bought it with the idea first of restoring it, then gutting
it and totally rebuilding it, and finally we have decided that we
have enough on our plates with our recent move from UT to WA. Hence,
we just bought a new "ordinary" trailer and we are offering the
Airstream for sale at the price of $6,000 OBO.

I am not very knowledgeable about Airstreams so I will tell you what
I know and I will attempt to answer all questions to the best of my
ability (which ain't much!) However, be advised that the trailer is
definitely being offered as is, with no guarantees. Also, be advised
that the CO title listed it as a 1978 model, but according to the
research on the serial number which someone here performed for me, it
is actually a 1964. The serial number on the CO title did not match
the serial number on the rig, so the good folks at the Utah DMV
inspected the rig and assigned the correct serial number to it.
However, I did not notice until it was too late that they had left
the year as 1978, even though I had documentation from this list
explaining that it was a 1964. In any event, the serial number is
141S519336403.

Moving from stern to bow (it --is-- a yacht, no?), It has a rear
bath, and the fiberglass back there seems to be in good shape.
Amidships there is a single twin bed on the port side and closets on
the starboard side. Moving forward again, there is a stove which I
understand is working, and a place where the previous, non-
functioning refrigerator resided under a shelf (it got sent to the
dump.) in the bow, there is a red gaucho, but no table.

Interesting bit of trivia about this trailer, which I have not
verified: it was allegedly previously owned by John Depuy, who was a
friend of Edward Abbey ("The Monkey Wrench Gang") for 30 years. The
previous owner and I agree that it is quite likely, then, that Ed
Abbey hoisted more than a few beers in this rig. If you want to know
more about John, read: http://www.canyoncountryzephyr.com/aug-
sept2006/takeleave.html

I have some JPEGs I can send to anyone who is interested in the
trailer (they cannot be posted to this list.) I'm located in
Anacortes, WA but would consider delivering it a couple hundred
miles. It is roadworthy, as we towed it from UT to WA, full of
lightweight household goods.

Thanks for reading,
Warren Keuffel