Re: [VAL] Re: VAL Digest V3 #295 Painting Airstream Roofs

> what do you mean "in the back of the overheads"?

Hi,
My terminology is only exceeded in confusion by my
spelling.:-)

Looking inside the small compartments above everything
in our Sovereign you can see the back wall or the
inside of the trailer wall/ceiling.  I have felt of
that wall/ceiling area and in bright sun it is hot. I
think a fairly thick layer of styrafoam insulation on
that wall would cut down on heat transfer.

That heat may be somewhat reduced by the painting I am
considering, so I will probably paint then check
again.

I am also thinking of adding an awning rail on the
street side, like the one on the curb side, to make a
more professional looking border between paint and
polish. I also like the idea of a "roof covering"
awning but am not sure I can pull that off. Painting I
can do, the awning may require more skill than I have.

cheers, bill b.

1969 Sovereign 31'