[VAL] portable a/c

I'm on roam and can't "reply" - so I'm building this in regards to "Lynne from
Central Texas" and her good info on alternative a/c systems.

I've always been interested in the Cool Cat system - you'll see it as a factory
option in the little T@B models that look like mid-sized teardrops - early - early
Airstrem look - they are a German design that was adopted by Dutchman (Thor)
according to literature.

Regarding the single tube portable a/c's - keep in mind that the free-standing
a/c's do have a reputation as Lynne suggested for running hot in terms of the
exhaust hose.

But....investigate the literature on the "dual-tube" models - there are a few out
there - usually the upper end models.  Supposedly the dual-tube model draws air from
the outside in via one tube to cool the hot condensor and then exhausts that hot air
created during the cooling process via the second -  read more here for an example.
It would be worth investigating if these run cooler.

http://store.portableairshop.com/dual-tube-exhaust-portable-air-conditioner.html

Also note the possibility of "negative air" created by some models.

The free standing a/c's are sort of tricky to track down.  Some brands/models are
always available online - but some models appear in places like Costco and Home Depot
and (in Seattle) Frye's - and then once the heat wave of summer is gone - those models
disappear from sight.  Probably some proprietary branding going on there.  I found a
Maytag dual tube model at Frye's I was interested in as it was dual tube and the max
btu's I've seen available in a portable unit - yet I've never seen it on the rare
occasion I've found Maytag free standing unit info online.  Maytag and Fedders are
together these days from what I can tell.

RL