[VAL] Ongoing saga of the little dometic that couldn't.

Dometic S1621. Been doing the recommended checking. I have checked the 12v
circuit. Has twelve volts at the box. The 110v: I have 110 at the j5 and j6
going in. No 110v, at the j7 and j8 coming out. I checked the two connections
to the heating element and there is continuity in that circuit. I have it set
to run on gas now. I turned on the gas, set the "eyebrow" to automatic, which
switched to gas. I hear a dull click then the smaller clicks of the ignitor.
The exaust chiminey gets hot. Then the check unit light comes on. So I left it
to run awhile to see if the unit gets cold. In the interium I phoned the dealer
who installed it some years back and they said they have the equipment to check
the circuit board on or off the unit. I guess the best bet is to label all
connections, remove the circuit board module, and take it to the dealer for
testing. Right?
cheers, bill b.