[VAL] Another question on theory of electrity

Since my understanding of electricity is "if it lights up and doesn't smoke, it's
hooked up right," I have a question about amps.
"They" say that operating the airconditioner on our '69 Sovereign (fairly new
airconditioner) on an extension cord from the house may damage it. The reason given
appears to be: that since the house has 20 amp circuits and an RV park has 30 amp
circuits, it would somehow provide insufficient electricity for the unit. Howzatgonnawork?
Seems like the unit would draw the same power from either source up to the point of
blowing the circuit breaker. Wouldn't it?  I am betting it is one of those:
amps x volts + ohms = volts - mu x barometric pressure  divided by your moon sign,
sorta things. The things I missed while passing notes to my girlfriend in school. Maybe
it's that water in the hose under pressure analogy. Is there an electricial engineer in
the house?

thanks, bill b.