[VAL] Charge wiring

I am wiring my 01 Tundra as a tow vehicle.  My question is what size of wire
should I make the charge line.  I have an inline switch that will cut off
the charge line when the tow vehicle's engine is off.  Also have a 30 amp
breaker for the line.  I will have at least 4 batteries in my caravel.  I
was thinking about a #8 wire.  However, this will be choked down going
through the 7 wire rv connector.  The batteries will be on the tongue of the
69 caravel.  Estimate 12 ft of line from the pigtail to the batteries.  Also
was connecting the charge line directly to the battery.  Anyone see any
problems.  Always best to check.
Dan
69 project