[VAL] Re: PEX tools

I don't understand the desire to spend $150+ on tools that are not
needed.  The Sharkbite connections are $2=$4 each, push on without tools
and a 50" tool is used to release the connection.  A little plastic,
ring like device.

Google sharkbite before buying anything!  There are all the connections
for elbow, 1/2" and 3/4", threaded adapters, etc.  REW Plumbing products
carries them.  The same connector will work on either copper or PEX. Not
all PEX. It has to be the type of the same ID/OD of copper.

And I haven't had to do a repair in the boondocks yet. Or at all.  All
the crimpers and tools I found were $200 or more and the fittings
weren't really any cheaper.

Just a suggestion.  ONce you use the sharkbite connectors, you won't
regret it.

Russ Wojtkiewicz
KC, MO
70 27' INternational (in rehab but grandly usable)