Re: [VAL] '65 trade wind questions

I own a 1965 trade wind the main thing you should check very  carefully is
the bath floor for rot Also the condition of the holding tank.When  I got mine I
didn't check closely enough.The toilet fell through the floor  on our 1 st.
trip The holding tank was collapsed. And had to be replaced .  I ended out
replacing the floor from the last bulkhead back and fabricating a 35  gal duplex
holding tank so i now have both black and gray tank.
Check the axles as ones that age may be shot. I am now  replacing these with
new Dexter.
I am also sure that the shocks are now worn out.and need to be  replaced if
you are near Tampa I can give you the ones that I had on the old  axles they
have less than 30 k miles and are in good shape. or I can give you  the numbers
from them so you can get replacements from NAPPA at a fraction of  the cost of
Airstream replacements(probaly the same shocks with Airstream's  private
numbers. Another wey to rip off the public.
Jim Smith