[VAL] RE: VAL Digest V3 #207

Hi all,
('79 Trade Wind) Here's another issue...I just successfully pulled out all
the old disgusting carpet.  YEA! PHEW!  Anyway, it was very instructive, as
I could look at the condition of the plywood underneath.  It all looks
pretty sound, but there are dark stains all around the edges.  (A friend of
mine also has an Airstream approximately the same vintage, and he found the
same thing.) The most significant thing was a smallish rotton spot about
6-8" across, on the floor right next to the door (right side). Then,
luckily, it rained like cats and dogs, and I could get a pretty good idea
what, if anything was leaking.  Everything in the trailer seemed dry as a
bone, except, sure enough, that spot was wet. I guess there's a leak
somewhere along one of the door seams.  To the eye, I couldn't see any water
coming in anywhere. Any brilliant ideas how I can track the water?
Thanks, Wendy