[VAL] VAL 196 hydroflame furnace

Hi Jay Byram in Colorado Springs here I too am new at this hope it makes it
somewhere. i don't know what kind of furnace I have in 63 Globetrotter but I
have had problems. First get a volt meter set for ohms connect each lead to a
lead from thermo and make sure it opens and closes as you move the knob or
lever  up and down. If that seems to work, the pilot in an old system like mine
heats  either a thermocouple or a millivolt generator., the latter in mine.
The  thermocouple tells gas valve there is a pilot so okay for gas to come
through.  The generator actually produces the voltage to open the valve-therefore
no  connection to 12v. system necessary. If you have a blower (I don't) I'd
assume a  12 volt connection, check this. With accurate volt meter you can take
leads from  thermocouple bulb and see if there's voltage I think, definitely
with millivolt  generator. That's the simple stuff in a very simple system like
mine-they get  more complicated later in history.