[VAL] Armstrong a/c thermostat

The original Armstrong air conditioner in my 1976 Tradewind 25 still works
great. However, the original square thermostat is broken. The plastic gears
inside are shot, so the dial is useless and the only way to regulate the
temperature is to manually turn it on and off as needed. Does anyone have an
original thermostat they no longer need if, for example, they upgraded to a
newer a/c? I am told that replacing the original with different thermostat
will require some rewiring, which I prefer not to fool with.

Thanks.

Marvin & Sandra Murray
'76 Tradewind 25'