[VAL] RE: VAL Digest V3 #182

I am thinking of getting a full-sized futon to replace the disgusting foam
original upholstery in the front.  It is exactly the right size to fit the
fold up/down gaucho.  An upholsterer quoted between $300-$400 to remake one
just like the original.  I figure I can get a muslin futon and be able to
was the cover and be very comfortable.  Daisy, I know you removed your
gaucho, I'm bent on keeping mine, but hopefully improving it.  Has anyone
else done this?  What were your results?  Did you have to put velcro
underneath so it wouldn't slide when folded as a sofa? Wendy