RE: [VAL] need heater for 1970 25ft tradewind

Look on line for your suburban furnace. When ours died last fall (after
26 years) we first shopped a local dealer. They were adding nearly $200 to
the price and wanted an arm and a leg to install. I found one on line
(actually an E bay seller with a brick and mortar store in MO I
believe) and saved a bundle. Took ~ 3 hours to get the old one out and the
new one in. I found that Suburban has made a couple of minor
changes: gas inlet had changed location requiring re-doing the soft copper
(with a piece of flex), and minor adjustment in the ductwork to accommodate
the new duct locations.
Hope that helps,

Ditto what Chris wrote. Far and away the biggest challenge is with the
ductwork changes. If you aren't handy, buy it on EBay and take it somewhere
to be installed. Any restriction in air flow will make it not start because
the sail switch doesn't turn on, so the duct work has to be right.
Ernie