RE: [VAL] refrigerators, rebuilding, &c

Warren,
Sounds like he is very uninformed.  The older units may need special parts
but mostly because of their age, not because they are airstreams.  Not many
other brands out there still in operation as old as many of our airstream
trailers so certain trim parts will be more difficult to find, therefore
more expensive.  There is no need for rounded corner refrigerators other
than to have a rounded front to match other period units.  I can't talk to
the size of the vents, but the motors are standard sized along with most of
the components in the rig.  As with any older unit, it is nearly impossible
to find an exact replacement for a water heater, furnace, fridge, oven etc.,
but there are many new models which will fit just fine with a little
adjustment.  I replaced every appliance, the total water system and most
lights in my '68 with off the shelf items.  I even used camping world for
some parts with no issues.

That said, if you want to keep everything original, it will be more
difficult to maintain and more expensive because of the availablility of
older parts.
Pete