[VAL] Question

Here's my question - I have a 1977 Safari (23 foot). I need to upgrade my
tow vechile. Today I found a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500, 4 door crew cab. It is a
beautiful truck but only a 2 wheel drive. It has the 4.7 engine, automatic
and 3.92 real axle and only 5,238 miles. It has an ARE Fiberglass cap too.

Of course the salesman ASSURES ME THAT IT WILL TOW MY AIRSTREAM!!! The
salesman claims it is rated to tow 7500 pounds. He gave me the 2006 Dodge
brochure that states a 2006 same combo will tow 7500 pounds.

Anyone have any impute on anyone towing something like a Safari with this
type of truck.

I'm skeptical  - what do you think?

Thanks in advance.

Dan.