Re: [VAL] Hanging "stuff" on aluminum walls

Hi Allen,

I guess it depends on the weight of the stuff.  I regularly hang framed
pictures just by screwing into the aluminum, being careful not to over
tighten which will enlarge the hole.  My magnetic knife rack is just
screwed up too although the knives jump off underway.  If you look at
what is attached where, you will see that anything with any weight to it
is NOT attached to the walls, but to the cabinetwork instead.  In my
'73, there is a pretty sizeable piece of plywood as a backing plate
where the TV shelf is attached to the laminate walls .  Things get
pretty wild in the trailer when you are on a bumpy road.

If you can get a fastener into a rib you might get away with it, but in
general, heavy things need to be  on or near the floor. If it's just the
pot holders and the garlic powder screws might be OK.

Daisy