[VAL] Old literature discovered

Yesterday I was sorting through some old boxes of "stuff" and
discovered some Airstream related items we obviously received but
overlooked when we purchased our '72 Trade Wind last year.  Among the
items are instructions for the LP Gas/Electric Dometic frig, the Magic
Chef range and oven, an assortment of warrantee cards, the 1972
Airstream owners manual and probably the most interesting, a "Wally
Byam Stores" 85-page catalog from the year 1974.

It's interesting to go through the catalog which is filled with a
variety of camping goodies, many of which appear to be quite useful.
One item I found to be of particular interest is an item listed as
"#0204 Colonial Folding Rocker."  The description goes like this.

"The gracious lines of this convenient "Heirloom" folding rocker are
enhanced by a warm, richly finished wood frame and elegant crushed
velvet upholstery.  A graceful carved design on the back lends special
charm.  This amazing little folding "Heirloom" rocker is great for
travel trailer or any RecVee as a convenient, relaxing reading chair,
as it folds up for convenient storage.  Set-up size: 18" x 30" x 32".
Folded size: 18" x 8" x 41".  Color upholstery is shimmering antique
fern.  Shipping weight 15 lbs. $57.95.

While the black & white picture shows a rather attractive looking
rocking chair, it seems like a rather unusual accessory to carry about
in an Airstream.  Still, I'd like to see a survivor in the flesh.

Some interesting prices include the "Byam Hook" at $ .29 a copy, 30 lb
aluminum LP tank cylinder with C-Level gauge $48.05, "I Tow An
Airstream" license plate $1, "Leg-O-Matic Chair," folding $19.95, and
"10-Gallon Tote-Along"
(blue tank) $19.95.  It would be great to be able to buy these items
today for those prices and still bring home our existing pay check
amount.

Dick & Rose Ann Harold
Noblesville, Indiana
1972 Airstream Trade Wind