RE: [VAL] Re: Heater

Russ,
My experience is that the heater is much easier to remove than the hot water
heater.  Not sure where yours is, but both of the ones I took out were just
forward of the galley on the street side.  You'll need to remove the
exterior vent cover, disconnect the electrical wiring (2 wires power, 2
wires thermostat), and disconnect the propane line.  Obviously take all of
the precautions of removing power and closing your propane tanks.  There is
a cutoff for the propane under the coach so you can keep the tanks on, but I
prefer to shut the whole system down.  The furnaces I removed were held in
place by 4 screws going through a flange on the furnace.  I did have one
that also had screws that attached it to the interior skin above the
furnace, but couldn't tell if they were original or not.  I gained access to
the furnace under the sink and through an interior access door in front of
the furnace.  Hopefully some more familiar with your model can offer better
access advice.  The nice thing I found with the furnaces was that they both
came out without major demo, unlike the water heater.

I personally prefer the LP furnace to alternative heat sources.  Heats
quickly and allows me to boondock much easier.
Good luck
Pete