[VAL] Re: Heater

To Tom, Gerald and et al with heater experience.....

Simple question regarding the furnance in my 70 27ft international
Overlander....

How hard to get it out?  Ok, relative to my already having self replaced
the hot water heater, demo'd the bathroom, replaced and epoxy'd the rear
floor and installed a new toilet!????

I want to (in March when warmer), remove the furnance and either clean
it up, have it checked out and try to get it to work OUTSIDE the AS or
have a repairman look it over.  Or decide its time for a new one of
those also.

Just curious.  I'm considering alternatives to the LP furnance, though
it may still be the best method. Those alternatives are (if plugged in
to shore power) an electric oil radiator or two, or radiant floor heat
(help with keeping the under belly tanks thawed?), etc.  Not catalytic
or anything like that.  Oh yes, electric blankets!

Just some wild thoughts being pondered vs. furnance expense. Sort of the
"while I'm at it" or "at this point in the restore/modifiy process".
Frankly, its not going to get used in deep winter, but it would be nice
to be able to just around home if necessary or for guests!

Thanks.  The VAL is a great resource just lurking and reading from!

Russ Wojtkiewicz
KC, MO
1970 27' International Overlander