Re: [VAL] '62 soverign

This is where it may be better to get the tire store to help because of
the tightness of the wheel well. Sometimes you have to install the
tire/rim while it is not inflated.  Goodyear Marathons ST225X15 are the
modern replacement for the 700x15 bias ply tire. New Airstreams have
Marathons. I replaced 700X15s on a 62 Overlander last summer with
Marathons. I compared the Marathon to the old 700X15 and the Marathon
was  a little smaller tire than the old tire. I was able to compare
before buying by using the spare off my 63 Globetrotter.  I was going to
buy 700X15s until I saw the size difference.  Even with the Marathon I
have to jack the Airstream up very high and pull the wheel well out a
little to get the inflated tire into place.  It would be hard to do this
on the road.  This  trailer does need new axles which would give
additional clearance.

Marathons in the D range run $90 - $125 installed. There are other
brands of  ST radials also that are a little less expensive.

Herb