RE: [VAL] Fwd: catalytic

I've never had a problem using my propane heater and battery for heating at
night.  I will say that it is a new Suburban and it is probably much more
efficient than the original in the 28'.  Much like Gerald's furnace, it has
a sail switch that senses air movement and won't light unless there is
sufficient air flowing through the furnace.  Also has electronic ignition
which I love.  It is ducted so it keeps the whole trailer comfortable even
in 18 degree weather.  I use an Optima battery and it keeps the heater going
for about 8 hours.  I charge in the AM while I shower and eat and a charge
in the evening while I fix dinner.  If shore power isn't available I use my
very quiet Honda generator for the charges.  Been working great for 4 years
now.  I also installed a tester in addition to my smoke detector just to be
sure.  I personally don't care for the catalytic because of the open flame
and combustion inside the trailer, plus I don't think it would keep such a
large trailer very comfortable.  My dad loves his in his Bambi though.  To
each his own I guess.
Pete