[VAL] Re: Capacity of Black Water Tank

Also, it's my understanding that back in '60 there was no gray
water tanks.  Has anyone put in a gray water tank and if so where did it go.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ellen I am currently in the process of rebuilding my 69 Tradewind which also only
has a black water tank and no gray water tank.  I spoke to another member of the
VAC earlier this year at a rally who tried to convince me to add a gray water tank.
For myself, the reconfiguration I would have to go through its not worth the
trouble.  For the times that I will be boondocking (without hookup) I will just be
conservative and watch my water usage.

If you would like to read Stuart Natof's article in one of the back issues of The
Vintage Advantage go to the VAC website www.airstream.net  and click on the
Resources link, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link for
Vintage Advantage Back Issues.  Stuart's article, How I Built A Holding Tank For
My 1964 Bambi,  is located in Volume 2, Issue1, Summer 2004 (at the bottom of the
page).  There are also a couple of good articles in Volume 10 Issue 3, 2003 on
water management (D. Rowbottom) and boondocking (T. & S. Tyler)

Which ever way you choose to go, good luck!

Tom W.