Re: [VAL] ? re Outside Water Hookup and Original Water Pump

If your plumbing system is original, and there are no leaks in the copper
pipes, the air compressor motor is NOT essential for the system to work. If
original, the system is pressurized by the city water system when you hook a
hose up to it. When the pressure drops off so low that no water flows, you
can use any type of tire pump to build the pressure back up or reconnect to
a city water system. You can even use a bicycle pump if needed since you
only need 10 or 15 lbs to get the water to flow. I believe that the built-in
compressors were sold as options on some trailers. The only time you will
notice the difference between the two systems, is when you are not hooked up
to city water. The demand type is more efficient, but pressure systems were
used in many brands for many years and have the advantage of not requiring
any electrical power to operate. I think its alot of fun to use the old
system even if it is a little more work. When the motor failed in my SOB, I
looked around and finally just wired past the automatic pressure switch so
that I just turn it on and off as needed. ( It was designed to turn on when
the pressure fell to 20lbs. and off at 40lbs).

Jim