[VAL] re: Bowen Water Heater

Good evening all!

This has been a very good few days for us.  The other day, we had the good
fortune to meet another Vintage Airstream owner here in the Sacramento area.
Since we are new owners with a lot of work ahead of us, it was wonderful to
see a beautifully restored Airstream.  It made us believe that we can do this.
He also had just the 30 amp electrical plug that we needed and had not been
able to find and gave it to us.  Today, we scored big time!!  We were able to
buy a "brand new in the box" tubing and all the fittings for our original
Bowen Water Heater.  We got it at RV Doctor George,  our Sacramento "old
trailer salvage yard".  The other day when we  went there to see if he had the
Bowen parts we needed, he didn't think he had any.  We were, however, able to
buy two really nice "Wedding Cake" style red tail lights that day.  Today when
we went back to check on the Bowen parts, he surprised us with the "new"
parts.  They had been in a box on the shelf for many many years.  Now it's
time to see if the hot water tank is in good condition or is rusted out on the
inside.  Hopefully, our luck will continue and things will all work.

We have been able to trace the ownership of the trailer and find that it had
been owned since it was new by one family and everything was in good working
order when it was sold to the previous owner and he let it sit out in the
Mandarin Orange farm in Penryn where we bought it.  We are pretty anxious to
find out what works and what doesn't work.  Then, we will start attacking the
mushy floor by the front door.

I just wanted to give an update progress report.

Ellen Rebitzke