Re: [VAL] Awnings

>But Gary: if the rope is mounted more securely in the track, do you still
>take the awning off when in transit?

Mine is not "mounted more securely in the track."  That's just an option if
someone wished to leave the bag/awning attached.

>I'm not understanding something here... Do you roll up the awning and
>leave it attached when in transit? in the bag? I feel pretty dense here.
>Help, help!! Wouldn't you just have loved me in one of your classes? Let's
>try this:
>1. When traveling, is any part of the awning on the trailer?

Only the fittings which accept the inside ends of the "rafters."  The
awning is rolled up inside the bag and the whole thing, bag and all, is
removed.  It takes only a few minutes.  Again, it's easier with two people
and a little step stool helps.

>2. If yes, what?

See above.

>3. If no, does that mean it all comes off and all goes back on every time
>you move? I could live with that since I'm not keep on have arms installed
>on my baby.

The only thing you need to install are the fittings.  These are small
little black plastic thingies, about 1 inch by two inches.  I was going to
machine some out of aluminum but decided to paint the factory issued ones
aluminum color instead.