Re: [VAL] Re: Insurance

I have a different take on insurance.  I don't have any insurance on my
trailer.  Yes I have put money into it, and hours and hours of work, but
I didn't do it an an investment that I expected to get back.  No matter
how snazzy a rehab I do on a trailer, there is a ceiling on how much I
can sell it for. And if the worst should happen, I can get another one
for $5,000-$6,000.  The premiums I would have to pay for full
replacement cost would add up to that pretty fast.

Very few insurance policies will actually pay you what you think your
trailer is worth, partly because we all think our trailers are worth a
whole lot more than they will likely sell for.  And partly because
insurance companies have  legions of people whose job it is to keep
their pay out as low as possible.

If you have just sold your house and bought a Prevost bus, that may be a
good moment to protect a sizeable investment., but  I doubt that
covering an "old" trailer is going to be either a good financial bet nor
will it actually pay out what we would like

If you have insurance, you might want to sit down with your agent and
find out exactly what you will get it you wreck your trailer.  I've
heard stories where the payout hardely amounted to 2 years premiums.

Daisy