Re: [VAL] 1960 electical wiring

Ellen,
My husband and I bought a 63 Overlander (26') two months ago and were at the
same point you are right now, that is  wondering about how the systems work
and IF they work. Also, the floor rot turned out to be the biggest issue for
us. 95% of our floor is perfect, but under the rear bath vanity we had a
little 1' x 1' rotten section. This turned out to be minor in comparaison
with what was underneath. Water dripping from an improperly installed
house-style window AC unit in the rear bath window rotted that 1' x 1'
section and destroyed 4 of the steel frames in the rear of the trailer. It's
possible that the toilet black tank leaked as well because of the smell in
the wood, but we are not sure and weren't about to test the theory :) Now
the whole bathroom is disassembled and in the yard while my husband welds
new frames into the trailer...which leads to refinishing the fiberglass
tub...which leads to refinishing the black tank...which leads to installing
a new toilet valve....which leads to a new toilet...which while it's out
let's remake the vanity countertop...and on and on. So we've found this
chain of events to be a part of most vintage AS owners' agenda. Good luck
and keep us posted on your progress.

If you can, please post some pictures to the Airstreamforums.com site or let
us know if you have a webpage.
In particular, I'd like to know where and in what condition you find your
fuse panel. I have't been able to find ours yet.

You can see ours at  www.geezitron.com/1963_airstream

-Tracey