[VAL] Re: A/C leaks when rains

Have a semi-perplexing problem.  I have my '70 27' Inter. Overlander
pretty weather/water tight except for the roof A/C unit.  Now, I will
admit that in a sweep of sealing up all the seams and rivets and windows
(I think Gerald's good idea of sealing everything rather than look for
each little specific), I sealed the A/C shroud.  Dumb, yes.  And most
likely why when it rains (and it has to be fairly heavy or long period
rain, water will drip from the inside cover, but only from the street
side onto the floor and street side twin bunk. (Yes, its sitting
perfectly level in my driveway....).

My real question is...what keeps rain from coming in at anytime through
the shroud and A/C unit?  Seeing there are those rather large vents in
the top and sides.  I am wondering if I moved or displaced ever so
slightly some kind of drain system when I vacuumed and blew out all the
leaves and trash that had accumulated from the PO this summer.  I was
able to clear the condensation drip rail and tubing (Y from each end to
a single tube running down the curbside wall).  That cured the problem
of the inside floor getting wet when the A/C ran.

I am thinking of just covering the shroud for winter anyway and reopen
it in the spring.  The A/C unit worked great through the summer and on a
working trip in September, quit blowing cold air.  Compressor and fans
were working.  Sounds like it just got low on Freon or an old pipe or
hose leaked it out.  I was quite impressed it worked at all when I got
it.  Its got to be original from the look of it.

Any tips, tricks, bad news that can shared is welcomed.

(Still haven't solved my door problem, but it works better with the
screen door off.  I'm slowly getting there.)

Russ Wojtkiewicz
KC, MO
190 27ft. International Overlander