[VAL] Re: Water saving

Urine shouldn't be put in the same category as feces for the purposes
of a discussion related to the spread of disease. Urine is sterile;
there is technology available to turn it in to drinking water with
minimal filtering (NASA is already doing this..)

What we've found in the Airstream is that the waste going in to our
black tank needs to be at least 80% liquid, or the solids won't be
carried away. I need to use a tank flusher on the end of the hose after
every few dumps to get the solids out of the tank as it is. Part of the
problem seems to be the shape of the tank: it's flat right under the
"drop zone", causing, well, "things" to stay put in that locale a
little more than I'd like.
So adding water to urine during flushing helps the situation.

Chris Koehn
1979 Int'l Sov, with a hard to flush black tank
currently in Lexington, VA, heading to Charleston, SC