[VAL] Mid size trailer w/beds, trailer weight

Yep, I've used a Sacbag (or whatever they're called) for years, finally
talked wife into it last year.  But the pulling out of both cushions and
slide to make up her gaucho bed, putting the back-rest foam  away out of the
way -- that's the bother we want rid of.
    Trailer Size: otherwise we love our 17'... has all the room we need.  So
"next up" size w/double beds is our goal.  23' looks like it.  We saw one
for sale in NY near Chautauqua when we were there this September for a jazz
festival.  Great trailer, just parked roadside, open for a tour.  But the
size of it spooked us.  We like the smallness.
    OK, so around 23' (no longer) is what we need.  Now, WEIGHT!  We're not
about to buy truck or Jimmy type van, we already have a tow vehicle capable
of 4500 lb.  So that's the trailer weight limit for us.  We have been
thinking about this for a couple of years (have a serious buyer now).  Last
year I asked which twin-bed (preferably rear beds) Airstream models are the
lightest -- of course, I've misplaced that info (perhaps our virtual black
lab left it in the back yard).  We really enjoy the vintage '67 Stream, but
for us, vintage is no virtue.  We'd prefer one from the 80's or 90's.
    Hate to say it, but we are interested in a 23' Award (Canadian made).
Our size, lightweight with attempt at quality build (I've seen a report of
leaking front window problem on the web).  But I'd prefer to remain
Airstream.

    Huff
    '67 Caravel, still gracing the driveway at our cottage