[VAL] Newbie

My name is Dan Downing.  I live in the mountains of central Colorado.

I have a 67 Caravel that I am just about to begin reassembling after pretty
much gutting it.  The only thing I really have to do before starting to put
things back together is removing and repairing the bottom pan and replacing
the axle.  The question I have it this:

How is the edge of the pan that wraps up around the frame fastened behind
the upper skin which overlaps it?  In other words, if I drill out the rivets
on the upper skin will the pan be loose, or is it fastened separately?

If it is fastened separately is there a best way of getting it loose without
damaging the upper skin?

Thanks in advance.

dan downing
www.lightonpaper.com