RE: [VAL] Brake magnet disc

<And, Glyn, I believe the rivets should be tight. The plate not loose.>

And, I agree.  (Pop) Rivets are not designed to be a "loosey-goosey" fit for
whatever they are attaching.  Bucked rivets - yes, but pulled pop rivets -
no.

If I was doing the job on the brakes I would be changing them to a stainless
countersunk machine screw using a deforming thread lock nut AND RED
locktite.

The situation that you have will be replayed at some point with a new set of
rivets.  Consider how much use the old trailer has had that caused you to
want to replace the rivets.  I would assume that you would want a longer
service life out of the repair and with less mental pondering or to place
the rivets on a "maintenance schedule".

Steve