Re: Re: [VAL] Solar panels in NYC

I'm on the road at the moment, without references, but I get most
of my new device hints from Electronic Products magazine and from
EDN. I look for easy to purchase at mouser (www.mouser.com). I'm
sure the magazines are available on line too. A good search should
find them (as well as Electronic Design magazine). More often than
not the magazines advertise products that are planned, not yet built.

Ledtronics sticks in my mind as one of the vendors. There are several
vendors that copmete with new higher efficiency products nearly monthly.

Yesterday I picked up an 11 watt trouble light that runs on 12 volts.
I'll see how it does at lighting the Caravel next week. It was $15 at
a farm store at Farmington, MO. It claims to draw 3/4 to 7/8 amp at 12
volts.

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, Electrical Engineer