[VAL] RE: washed airstream

Probably was scary for the poor girl - she didn't realize she was
"polishing" bare aluminum.  Most any polish has some abrasive in it.
The only two so far that I have found that don't are the Rolite sealer:
http://www.vintageairstream.com/Myrtle/polish3.html

and Shell Flight Jacket Polish:
http://www.shell.com
(a Frame site - use the search)

I used the Rolite on the Caravel in 2000, and 5 years later the polish
still looks good with only tri-annual washings.  I probably won't run a
quick polish over it for at least another two years.  I do think the
Rolite AP-300 stopped doing it's magic about 2 years ago, as water no
longer beads up on the trailer when it rains or I wash it.

I have 3 experiment patches going on the Flying Cloud that's undergoing
restoration, one left bare, one with AP-300 and one with the Flight
Jacket.  Did it last year and will report the results on the website
when I see a difference between the patches - other than the water
beading, all three still look the same one year later.

Best of luck,
RJ