[VAL] Re:TV antenna hook up

Barb,
As Kevin said the dishes aren't expensive (around $80) and my DirecTV
service only charges me $4.99 a month extra for the ability to use the dish
on the road.DirecTV usually gives away it's equipment (recievers and dishes)
for free at stores like Hughes and Best Buy if you are a new customer.This
is true especially around the Holiday season. My main service is $39 a month
and has always been cheaper than cable in my area. Sat TV got a bad wrap in
the 80's and early 90's for being expensive and unreliable, but I have had
it for 5 years now and am thrilled. With a foot of snow on top the dish I
still get great reception!

We have not used our A/S yet (we "upgraded" from our VW Westfailure) but my
husband is thinking about fabricating a custom flange to mount (so it can be
taken off in transit) the dish on the top of the A/S built-in antenna pole
so we don't have to use the tripod at camp.

-Tracey
http://www.geezitron.com/1963_airstream/