[VAL] TV antenna hook up

 I need to back up a ways from   tv connectors to what/how to install
something for better reception for the tv and the radio?     I have a screw
up/swivel around tv antenae on the roof of my Excella.     At the music
festival where we lined up for several days the reception was fairly decent
but then we finally got to move into the camp grounds after the flood waters
went down and the ground dried out a bit the reception was awful.     This was
about a city block apart and even the cell phone is bad over in the camp
grounds too.     In the line up there was about a $500 ancient old motor home
in front of me...mounted on the roof was this big elaborate satelite dish that
went up/down/around .    The thing glowed at night....wasn't sure if they were
receiving satelite or beaming to outer space???   I'm not looking for
something like that but when you live alone it's nice to be able to watch the
news or some dumb tv show....just something to break the silence before going
to bed or while eating breakfast.     The rest of the time I'm out playing
music or visiting.     The PO installed a booster on the wall and that helps
but does anyone have a suggestion as to what might reach out there a little
better when we're in out-lying  areas?    I see people with the little
satelite dishes they set on the ground and point up to the air waves, I'm
guessing that is probably expensive.    I have Cox Cable at home, I've been
thinking about calling them to see if there is a piggy back program or
something.    Anyone have a suggestion?     Thanks,   Barb