RE: [VAL] Tow vehicle questions

Hello,
I have a 75 Travelall that I pull with sometimes, its hard on fuel but
man does it looks good hooked to the 59! People often come up and ask
"What is that thing?" As for rusting this truck has never been in the
snow (I'm the 2nd owner) but if you don't dry it off quickly after
washing it could be gone by morning!. It is a great (big) tow vehicle
that has not problem pulling the 30' 68 fully loaded, the big block does
a great job. Now if gas prices would only drop so I don't have to sell
the house to go to a rally!. In short I agree with those on this list
that say go big with a tow vehicle. I had a 1/2 ton Suburban that I
replaced with a 3/4 ton with the 8.1, what a big difference in pulling
safety. I'm now well under the towing capacity, with the 1/2 ton I was
right up against it, a major change in pulling and handling safety. I
have better starting and stopping abilities that you need sometimes to
get out of a tight spot, also I'm not worn out when I get to my
destination from fighting with the truck and trailer. The best part
about the 3/4 ton is I CAN set the cruise control in DRIVE and not hurt
the truck, this adds to the relaxation of towing, which it should be
relaxing, I'm on vacation!
Ed
WBCCI/VAC 4425
68 Sovereign