[VAL] Kicking Breakers

At the music festival in Sept there were thousands of campers of all sorts
(lots of Airstreams this year),    the power poles look like giant  things
from outer space with all the orange or black or yellow cords sticking out of
them.    The previous owner of my Excella had a switch installed in the
kitchen so someone "like me" doesn't forget that you can't run the microwave
and the AC at the same time without blowing the breaker out on the pole.
Things were pretty frustrating  because  about half dozen times an hour I had
to go flip the breaker and the temps were in the high 90's.  If you were gone
for a couple of hours you came home to a hot house and a frig that was not
running.    I was not the only one experiencing this, we had several meetings
at the power poles.     So, I marched over to gripe  at the "powers that be".
Someone came over and put in a new breaker for me....no help.    The guy said
my air conditioner was older and probably pulling too much load when the
condenser kicked in    for the dang 20 amp service we had.    I can see my
pocket book wincing in pain.    One of my neighbors turned off his hot water
tank, I already had mine off but it's propane anyway.      So he came in and
switched my refrigerator over to propane and I pretty much had power without
tripping the breaker after that.    Just had to watch the little amp meter the
previous owner had installed and try not to overload what the breaker would
tolerate.
Life is rough huh?    Just kidding.   Love my silver house on wheels, it
became part of me during this trip.     Barb