[VAL] roof a/c...roof etching

While redoing the 79 I put on a new carrier a/c and while making my
selections i found they have a low profile unit that i was considering but ended up
with the standard 15k btu with heat strip for an additional 49.00...it looks
GREAT and is much smaller than the orig. armstrong. Price delivered to my door was
just around 500.00.

That said...<NEXT SUBJECT>...On the 64, that i have not had lot of time to
tinker with cause i brought it home and then headed to the mountains for the
weekend to install radiant heat in our house here cause its getting cold....WHERE
DID THE SUMMER GO?
Anyhoo...the previous owner had some farm hand prepare the roof by ETCHING IT
to receive paint... & never got to the painting!.....You can still see some
shine under the etching and i am wondering how to approach that issue to
reverse the process!
If they "clearcoated" in 64 ~ it sure seems a better lasting product then all
the other units i have owned....no pealing at all!

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

AlanT
phx/mesa AZ