[VAL] leaking hot water heater

I have a 66 Globetrotter with the original hot water heater. It's had a small
leak for over a year now and I finally pulled it out and have discovered a
pin-hole size leak in the bottom of the tank. It appears that the entire bottom
is corroded from the inside and more leaks will probably occur in the future.
An RV dealer/technician suggested to me a procedure called "glassing" the
inside of the tank. Apparently, one can buy an substance which can be put into the
tank, spread around by moving the tank and then allowed to dry for a day or
so. This substance will provide a waterproof sealant from the inside. Sounds
like a better plan than replacing the heater with a new one, which certainly
will not look as though it belongs on my 40-year-old trailer.
My questions: (1) does anyone know where I can purchase this substance? (2)
What is the best way to assure that I have the inside of the tank thoroughly
dry before I pour in the substance? (3) Has anyone tried this procedure and if
so, how did it work?

Thanks!
Paul F. Hahn
WBCCI/VAC 4753