Re: [VAL] Another Gernerator Question

Hello Ned,

I asked this question of Milt Wilson, the fellow who makes the most
reasonably priced generator couplers I know of. This was his reply:

"You can connect a 1000 and 2000 even tho Honda says you can't do that.
Many people have done it even for extended periods of time without any
problem at all. Here is someone's posting on an RV forum:

We have the 1000 and 2000 paired together. The two units share the load
until the 1000 maxes out and the 2000 is also carrying 1000, then the 2000 picks up the rest of the load up to a total of 3000.
The Honda generators do not put out 1000 and 2000 watts, they actually only put out about 800 and 1600 watts of continuous power. The 1000 and 2000 ratings are totals that the generators can put out for a very little time, just a matter of a few seconds before tripping the overload breakers."

FYI -- Milt has his coupler on eBay again, auction #7547181652. I have one, and am very pleased with it -- especially considering that it is a fraction of the price of the others available, and, IMO, better.

I would say go for it, Ned. They are really great little gennys!

Best regards,

Rik