Re: [VAL] awning repair

Greetings Brett!!
There are numerous options available to you depending upon
condition of your existing EZ-Awn hardware as well as your
own personal preferences.  Provided your coach's EZ-Awn
hardware is in good condition, you can have a local awning
fabricator stitch up a new awning (measurements may need to
be taken or your old fabric might be used as a pattern).
Another option might be to purchase a new roller tube with
the awning fabric from the "parent" company of EZ-Awn.  I
don't have my references handy, but seem to remember that
EZ-Awn may have been part of A & E that is now part of
Dometic.

You may, however, find as I did in trying to preserve my
Overlander's original A & E Travel Awn 5000 that trying to
repair the existing hardware was more expensive than
purchasing a new product from a manufacturer that still
supports their products made for Airstreams.  I ended up
going with a new ZipDee patio awning on my Overlander after
having spent nearly the cost of a new ZipDee on repairs to
the A & E.

Good luck with your research!

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC/Free Wheelers/Computer Club #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400
VORTEC/4.10 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado
Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)