Re: [VAL] Recirculating toilets

Back in 1976 I bought my first trailer when I was 20 years old,  a 22'  1967
Ideal,
That had a Monomatic recalculating toilet installed where the marine toilet
used to be.  It also had a holding tank.  It came with a box of packets of blue
powder that you put in the empty toilet with a gallon of water.   It would
last a couple of weeks of continuous use without odors and then I would dump it
in the holding tank.  I really could last a long time when boon docking,  I'm
pretty sure it held less than 8 gallons because I could last a couple of
months.  I was very happy with it.  Monomatics were popular when they came out
because people who had older trailers from the 1950s,  back when a park model was
considered "selfcontained",  could remove the tiny china tank flush toilet
from there bathroom and have "real" self containment in the bathroom without
installing a holding and water tank.    I didn't know there were portable
recirculating toilets.

Vanessa
'52  Cruiser
'56  Flying Cloud