[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V2 #359

I have at least a full case of silicone applied on my trailer
by PO's. So far I have been using the following tools: sharpened
popsicle sticks, plastic scrapers, razor blades (to remove the big
stuff) orange sticks (ask you wife) finger nails and a dremel tool
with plastic brush wheels. As far as liquid removers, I have used
the Permatex gasket remover, MEK, and a product from Amtek Chemicals
called CCR. The biggest problem with the chemicals aside from cost
is they do not work well on thick silicone, you need to remove as
much of the thick stuff as possible. Also the chemicals will attack
the clear coat so you need to be careful in that respect.

Aaron