[VAL] the pipes and water heater

I called the dealer who has my Caravel and told him I would be picking it  up
Sunday.  I then called the guy who has the horse trailer place and told  him
that even though he winterized it all the pipes broke.  He said he had  blow
the water out of them and seemed genuinely surprised.  I don't know  about the
hot water heater.  I think I forgot to tell him about that--maybe  he didn't
drain that.  In any case he said bring it to him and he'd replace  the plumbing
and hot water heater--no charge I assume.  The thing is, the  AS dealer told
me that if the hot water heater is broken you can get a new one  or any
replacement because of the size and where it has to go.  Is this  correct?  Again
it's a 1965 Caravel.

For the future.  Draining and blowing out with a compressor isn't  enough for
New York winters?

I'm ashamed when I think my poor trailer was ok (well who knows) for 40
years until I got it.  HEY!!  I just thought.  I got it from a  man in lower
Louisiana--maybe I saved it :-)

Ann Dunham
Geneva, NY
www.whitespringslabrdors.com