[VAL] can propane go bad?

Thanks for all the information about propane, even if some is contradictory.
One thing everyone did agree on is that regulators go bad and should be
replaced. Well, don't worry. I have already replaced the regulator, it
leaked when I brought the trailer home, 18 years of setting in the sun was
way too much for it.
  I am now thinking about just getting new tanks. I have to get the new
valves anyway and the old tanks would need to be painted after I put in the
new valves. I will call around tomorrow and check prices on valve replacement
vs new tanks.
  One last note, I had turned on the furnace and left it on all night with
the trailer pluged into the house current so I could check for CO with a
120V meter. The meter said everything is OK and the furnace ran fine all
night. I guess they would never be any trouble if we always camped in the
driveway.
  Joe in Wyoming